Safeguarding is everyone’sresponsibility
If you have any concerns about your safety or wellbeing, speak to your parents, a trusted
adult / leader or contact any of the following representatives.
Parish Safeguarding Representative
Mr Jim McQuaid
c/o Dungannon Parish Office
4 Killyman Road
Co. Tyrone, BT71 6DH
Tel: 077 8760 5892
Other Parish Safeguarding Representatives
Mrs Mary Hampsey
Mrs Dympna Singleton
The responsibilities of Parish Safeguarding Representatives are:
- to promote awareness of the Diocesan Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding;
- to ensure that all parishioners have ready access to contact details of the Diocesan Designated Officers and other relevant agencies;
- to support or facilitate anyone in their parish/diocesan groups working with children and/or vulnerable adults;
- to attend Safeguarding Representative meetings arranged within Pastoral Areas or at diocesan level.
Some important guidelines for adults and children regarding the safeguarding of children in the parish of Dungannon is available here.
Documents on Policy and Procedures
Diocesan Safeguarding Office
Mr Aidan Gordon – Tel: (028) 3752 5592
Mobile: 078 4110 1687
Mrs Eleanor Kelly – Tel: (028) 3752 5592
Mobile: 075 8432 3138
Director for Safeguarding
Mr Aidan Gordon
Tel: 078 4110 1687
Safeguarding Training Co-ordinator
Mrs Eleanor Kelly
Mr Pierce Fox
Armagh Diocesan Safeguarding Office
Archdiocese of Armagh
Tel: (028) 3752 5592
Fax: (028) 3752 6182
Currently any queries regarding:
- a child protection concern or allegation should be directed to the Diocesan Designated Officers on the contact details above.
- the status of the application stage for parish volunteers and employees should be directed to the Parish Safeguarding Representative. In the case of the Diocesan Lourdes Pilgrimage queries should be directed to the Safeguarding Representatives for the pilgrimage.
- developing good practice in parishes or diocesan groups should be directed to the Diocesan Director for Safeguarding, Pat McGlew.
External Agency Telephone Numbers
NSPCC CHILDLINE - Tel: 0800 11 11
Helpline Tel: 0800 800 5000
Barnardos - Tel: (028) 90672366
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
For information on Cyber Bullying
PSNI - Tel: 0845 600 8000
Southern Health and Social Care Trust
Tel: 0800 783 7745 (9.00am to 5.00pm)
Out of hours Emergency Service - Tel: (028) 38 33 44 44